Chord Electronics PRIMA
Our Prima preamp forms part of the stylish and compact Choral range and has been designed to complement our Mezzo power amps. Despite its compact dimensions and space-saving footprint, the Prima is every bit a pedigree Chord amplifier.
Precision-machined from solid aircraft-grade aluminium billet, the Prima offers both remote control and front panel operation. Prima’s fascia offers volume and balance controls while its push-button controls atop the unit, offer input selection and tape line selection, the latter enabling its tape outputs to be selected for recording from source components. Further design features include a top panel display, offering input choice and volume information, plus a clever porthole which enables the internal circuit board to be seen.
The Prima also benefits from our legendary proprietary Ultra-High-Frequency power supply, which is common to all Chord amplifiers. Prima offers fully balanced circuitry throughout and useful flexibility with five inputs, four unbalanced RCA and one balanced XLR, plus a balanced XLR output and a tape output. For added versatility, Prima’s audio circuit offers six independent input gain adjustments for the five inputs and low impedance outputs.
Inputs & Outputs:
5 Stereo Inputs and 1 Stereo Output
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR Input – Main Line 1
- 4x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Inputs – Line In 2, Line In 3, Line In 4, and Line In
- 1x Stereo Balanced XLR Output – Output 1
- 1x Stereo Unbalanced RCA Tape Output – Tape Output
- Prima Quickstart guide
- Safety instructions
- 10A Mains IEC cable
- IR system remote control
- 2x AAA batteries
- Frequency Range: 2.5Hz – 200kHz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: 100Ω (Short Circuit Protected)
- Operating Voltage: 50v – 260v AC (50Hz – 60Hz) Auto Switching
- Dimensions: 335mm (w) x 170mm (d) x 65mm (h)
- Weight: 8kG