Chord Electronics 2YU
The 2yu digital interface turns the 2go streamer/server into a multi-output standalone streamer capable of working with the Hugo M Scaler and a range of DACs
2yu is an advanced designed-for-2go digital interface enabling 2go as a fully-fledged standalone streamer, ready to be used with external DACs and devices, including the 768-kHz upscaling Hugo M Scaler. 2yu connects directly to 2go to add TOSLINK optical S/PDIF, coaxial and BNC (both 75 ohms) digital outputs, plus a cleverly integrated USB-A output.
2yu boasts 2,000 MIPS (million instructions per second) of processing power, an integrated sample rate converter, plus a low-jitter audio phase lock loop. Highly flexible in its potential applications, 2go with 2yu is also ideal for installers wishing to create a discreet remote Roon streaming solution: the duo can be wired into an Ethernet port to provide streaming to a system in any room.
Like 2go, 2yu is also hand-made in the UK using aircraft-grade aluminium and the same high-quality manufacturing processes inherent in all Chord Electronics products. Like the Hugo 2, 2yu features four polychromatic spherical controls governing output selection, power, mute and dim functions.
2yu user manual
5V 2A Switching Micro USB power supply
Type-A USB to Type-B USB cable
BNC to BNC cable
- Compatibility: In order for 2yu to inherit streaming/music transport capabilities or function as an audio interface, a connection with 2go is required.
- Power supply: Micro USB (5v 1amp minimum required) – through 2go
- PCM and DSD support: 44.1kHz – 768kHZ | DSD 64 to DSD 256 (Dependant on output)
- Sample rate converter: Integrated, automatic downsampling is provided if a higher sample rate is being played than the output can support.
- Digital audio outputs:
- USB Type-A (44.1kHz – 768kHz / DSD 256)
- BNC Coax (44.1kHz – 192kHz /DSD 64)
- RCA Coax (44.1kHz – 192kHz /DSD 64)
- Optical (44.1kHz – 192kHz / DSD 64)
- Processing power: 2000MIPS