Ortofon MC Quintet Bronze
The Quintet Story
Nothing demonstrates Ortofon’s long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon has introduced about 100 different Moving Coil models. We believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that has made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacture and supply of phono cartridges.
Available on backorder
MC Quintet Bronze Technical data
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 0.3 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz – < 1.2 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz – > 23 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz – > 15 dB
Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz – +/-1.5 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) – 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 15 µm/mN
Stylus type – Nude Fine Line
Stylus tip radius – r/R 8/40 µm
Tracking force range – 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
Tracking force, recommended – 2.3 g (23 mN)
Tracking angle – 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance – 5 Ohm
Recommended load impedance – > 20 Ohm
Cartridge body material – ABS/Aluminium
Coil wire material – Pure 4-nines copper
Cartridge colour – Bronze
Cartridge weight – 9 gram
*) Typical value
Compatibility with Rega brand TT/TA:
REGA brand cartridges’ height from stylus tip to the top cartridge mounting surface is lower than standard. Therefore you would need spacers to ensure the correct set-up of the Ortofon cartridge. Please read about cartridge set-up and alignment on tonearm on our FAQ.
Adjusting the height of your Rega tonearm is easy with Acoustic Signature’s Spacer Set. It allows you to adjust the height from 0.5 mm to 3.5 mm in precise steps of 0.5 mm – without removing the tone arm. Simply loosen the screws, insert the AS-spacer, then lock the screws back down, and you’re tonearm is ready to play.
3.2 – 4 mm spacers should be enough for Quintet cartridge.
The Quintet Bronze moves into the higher league of the Quintets.
The slim profile of its Nude Fine Line diamond stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners.
Additionally its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
The sound will be very evenhanded with respect to all aspects. Classical music will be reproduced with power and open space around each of the instruments.
The ST-7 transformer is a perfect match for the MC Quintet Bronze cartridge.
LH-4000 headshell is specially recommended for MC Quintet cartridges series.
MC Quintet Bronze accessories included the package
- 1 x Stylus brush
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Stylus pressure gauge/Scale
- 2 x Screw M2,5 x 5
Ease of use
Top-mounting of the Quintet cartridges is easy and secure using the screws supplied. The aluminuim frame has threaded mounting holes and is fitted easily with the 5mm or 7mm screws depending on the thickness of the headshell.
The Quintet series’ right angles, straight lines, stylus visibility and ample distance between the record surface and the cartridge’s bottom will make it easy to mount and align the cartridge and tonearm correctly. The Quintet Series gives excellent results with most common tonearms.
The MC Quintet Series is a direct result of our continued research and innovation
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without coloration:
- A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used for manufacturing of the body. This light-weight, impact resistant material is very suitable for injection-moulding and provides a very durable scratch resistant surface.
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output.
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers.
It is our aim to bring our customers many hours of new and surprising experiences in listening to their precious vinyl collection.
Each of the five Quintet Series cartridges has its own individual sonic expression, and all five models together represent the ensemble of five classic variations:
- MC Quintet Mono is a true mono cartridge for playing mono microgroove vinyl records
- MC Quintet Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth
- MC Quintet Blue adds more dynamics and resolution, sounds more open and reproduces more details
- MC Quintet Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very evenhanded way that pays respect to all elements
- MC Quintet Black S is the best of everything, true to the groove with resolution and accurate insight into each recording